About Us
Who we are: RiPaTaSiRaNa
Home: Portugal
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Welcome to our blog! =D Here we share our work, thoughts, and everything else we might think interesting with you all!

Links
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER

 

 

 
  Thursday 25 January 2007  
 
 
Cosplay

Hey there! I'm here to talk about one of my hobbies - cosplay. I took the idea from André (thenamelessfive) and thought it'd be fun to show you all this!

Cosplay ("costume" and "play") is , basically, dress up. People dress up as their
favorite characters (from series, movies, whatever they want) and have fun. It's an opportunity to be someone else for a day! We don't just dress up, but we role play as the character too, take photos... well, just have fun!

This activity originated in Japan, when people dressed up as their favorite "Anime" (Japanese animation) characters, and now has spread worldwide.

Where do we do this? Through the year we have cosplay photoshoots, cosplay meets, cosplay
events, you name it. Next one is on tuesday 20th February, Carnival day, in Parque das Nações. Feel free to show up and take some photos. =D

Now, my cosplays.

I started cosplaying in 2005, and I'm still considered a newbie. =P


My first costume was Yoruichi from the Anime series Bleach.




Definitely a great experience. Me and André even made a short dramatic play (40 seconds long xD ) but there was too much noise in the audience and we had no microphones, so very few people heard us. If you feel like seeing it, go here: Our short play.

My second one was Tifa Lockhart from the movie Final Fantasy VII: Advent
Children.



My favourite one so far. It's really comfy! And I did it all by myself, sewing included. This is my old version, my new version looks like this now:



Next, I repeated the character, but a different outfit. Tifa from the videogame Final Fantasy VII.


I had no idea how to sew a dress, but I managed to make it. xD

Next one: Yoruichi again, but a different outfit.




Me and a couple of friends made a small group with a few characters from the series and won the Best Group award. =D

And finally, my last one (only a photo since I haven't had the time to do one of those pretty collages =P ). Yoruichi again.




And that's about it from me. For me, cosplay will always be special, as I've met some really great people who share the same interests. Hope you enjoyed it! If you more interested, look for cosplay in Portugal over the internet and you'll find for sure. =)

P.S - Changed the layout. I think it's nice and goes well with the texts and colors.
Tell me if you don't like it though. =/

posted by Kalisheedra @ 3:44 pm  
10 Comments:
  • At 1/25/2007 6:50 pm, Blogger Raquel said…

    absolutely FANTASTIC!
    :D:D

    I'm becoming a 'big' fan of you! :D

    Congratulations!

    kiss*

     
  • At 1/25/2007 11:36 pm, Blogger André Pereira said…

    I cosplay too, I want a fan too T__T Joking, your cosplays are great and me and you rocked in the play \o

     
  • At 1/26/2007 12:08 pm, Blogger AR said…

    This is really interesting. I have never heard of cosplaying. What a great idea. Why not bring in some of your own creations on Monday when you present the blog. In fact, quite honestly you, should give us a talk about your design work for outfits.
    I also mkae my own clothes ( but never as creative as yourself..
    Allyson

     
  • At 1/26/2007 3:26 pm, Blogger WERT said…

    TIFA!!! XD

    Well done!! I really like your outfits!

    Maybe I should do my own next time... :)

     
  • At 1/26/2007 6:24 pm, Blogger Silvia Brito said…

    Amazing Hobby!!!I must say it is the 1st time I hear about Cosplaying but I think it catch the attention of anyone!It must be a lot of fun and you can use all your creativity...I'm really impressed...Really nice outfits!
    (",)Bjs

     
  • At 1/26/2007 7:16 pm, Blogger Geossara Costa said…

    As many people already said it, your costumes are amazing and you're very creative. What a great hobbie you have.
    Cosplaying is really a good way of showing your talents :)

    kisses ***

    See ya

     
  • At 1/27/2007 2:33 pm, Blogger RLS said…

    Its the 1st time I hear about Cosplaying too!! It's really cool. And your outfits look great! :)

     
  • At 1/27/2007 6:34 pm, Blogger angel said…

    impressive...it's the first time I hear about cosplaying..it looks fantastic..and your costumes are great.you're very talented.
    **kisses**

     
  • At 1/27/2007 11:33 pm, Blogger Joana Carlos said…

    It's not the first time that i hear Cosplay.

    I've seen for the first time in September 2006 with my best friend.

    Like I said to Blaze, I want to do it someday... But all of my friends, family and boyfriend would make jokes of me! =D

    Your costumes seem very cool. ;)

    Kisses!****

     
  • At 1/28/2007 10:51 pm, Blogger Kalisheedra said…

    Thanks everyone, for the lovely comments! =D

    Joana Carlos - My family made fun of me when I talked about this, but now even my mum helps me sometimes with my costumes. =)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home