About Us
Who we are: RiPaTaSiRaNa
Home: Portugal
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Welcome to our blog! =D Here we share our work, thoughts, and everything else we might think interesting with you all!

Links
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER

 

 

 
  Sunday 21 January 2007  
 
 
Carapace

Mount Lavinia, Sri Lanka

I said, I can’t talk; the iron is on. I was ironing my jade green saree, the one that Amma bought for me. I told him, I have to put the phone down. I put it down. He won’t ring again. He thinks I know his number by heart: Mount Lavinia 926979, 926979.

I didn’t had courage to call Vijay anymore and, when they told me that Anura was coming, I didn’t spell a word.

When he arrived, he was very nervous; he was sited on the couch, waiting to see me for the first time. My mother did everything she could to pleasured him, make him comfortable and guarantee that he would take her daughter to Australia. That day would change my life forever. I couldn’t believe in what my eyes were seeing: I had imagined a rude man with aggressive forms, taking me by his arms force and not to permit me to make any choice about my own life. But I was wrong one more time.

I was in my room, waiting for Amma to call me and meet my future fiancé. I was praying because I didn’t want to marry with someone I never had seen before.

I heard Amma’s voice and, when I went into the living-room, I looked at him; my legs were shaking. He was gorgeous! My god, what a beautiful man, I thought. He starts to talk and his voice took me to paradise, so charming, so peaceful. Our conversation was short but, I could finally choose what I wanted for my life.

Two years later, here I am and Australia is just amazing. When I think about Vijay, I smile but I know now what love is and, about Anura, he was not only a rich man like my mother had told me for many times. I’m very happy today and my feelings for him are growing every day as our son.

posted by Anabela @ 10:03 pm  
7 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home