About Us
Who we are: RiPaTaSiRaNa
Home: Portugal
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Welcome to our blog! =D Here we share our work, thoughts, and everything else we might think interesting with you all!

Links
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER

 

 

 
  Tuesday 9 January 2007  
 
 
“Dirty Dancing” review
“Dirty Dancing II” is a mix of culture, politics, love and dance music. It’s a romantic drama.

Directed by Guy Ferland and written by Kate Gunzinger and Peter Sagal. It is brilliantly played by Cuban actors in the original country in 1958, mainly focused on Latin rhythm.

It starts when an American family decides to go to Cuba on business before the Revolution that takes Fidel Castro to the summit of power. As Katey (Romola Garai) arrives in Cuba, she feels drawn to participate in a dancing competition that was taking place in the hotel where she was staying with her parents. The dance class instructor is the well known Patrick Swayze (from the original “Dirty Dancing”).Her parents push her to the well-to-do social surroundings. In spite of all that, they couldn’t avoid her dates with Javier Suarez (Diego Luna), the restaurant employer. A love story begins as well as Castro’s Revolution and the American family is forced to leave Cuba. They won the competition but not the “cause”. In the end, Katey reveals that it wasn’t the last dance of their lives.

I recommend it because I’m sure that people who like music, dancing, and Latin rhythms will feel close to this story. I loved it because I can’t imagine how many people in the world have experienced something like this. I’m a “love at first sight” and a “forbidden love” fan!

posted by Anabela @ 11:28 pm  
6 Comments:
  • At 1/11/2007 11:02 pm, Blogger Raquel said…

    I'm interested in that film! :D I like films about dance and I didn't see "Dirty Dancing" yet.
    A nice choice :)

    *kisses*kisses*

     
  • At 1/15/2007 12:20 am, Blogger Anabela said…

    Yes, I think that too. I have it, if you want to watch it I can bring it for you.

     
  • At 1/18/2007 12:56 pm, Blogger Silvia Brito said…

    Loved this movie...it is quite different from the first one, perhaps more sensual and rithmic, it kind of make you wanna dance till the morning light!!!
    (",)Bjs

     
  • At 1/20/2007 2:40 pm, Blogger WERT said…

    Wow, I MUST watch this film, no matter what!! :D

     
  • At 1/27/2007 6:51 pm, Blogger angel said…

    that's a great movie. well both of them.. the first dirty dancing was the film of my life for a long time. I love it.and the second it's great too.one of my favorite movies.. nice choice.
    I have the both. :)
    kisses

     
  • At 1/28/2007 2:46 am, Blogger Joana Carlos said…

    I've seen it on the cinema with my best friend and we almost started to cry on the development and at the end of the film! ;)

    I liked it very much!

    ****

     
Post a Comment
<< Home