About Us
Who we are: RiPaTaSiRaNa
Home: Portugal
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Welcome to our blog! =D Here we share our work, thoughts, and everything else we might think interesting with you all!

Links
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER

 

 

 
  Friday 15 June 2007  
 
 
Interview with Anne Burgert made by Joana and Anabela
Listen the interview clicking here.

Today we are going to interview our colleague Anne Burgert, 22 years old, who has been in Portugal for 3 years.

1- Why did you choose Portugal to study?
I didn’t come here directly to study. After school I came to Lisbon as an Au pair for 1 year. This is a very common thing in Germany. After finishing school almost everyone left to get to know a bit of the world. Au pair, Internships, work & Travel… the objective is always the same: go away and get to know the real world.
In my case, as in the case of many of my friends, the destiny is a bit of coincidence. I got the chance to go to Portugal and just took it. And after the Au Pair year I just stayed to study.

2- Could you tell me some differences between Portuguese education and the one from your country?
Humm… I think in Germany we are much more educated to work independently. I don’t just mean that we did more projects and presentations but also the way we did it was different. The more independently you thought, the better. And you were encouraged to think critically. You could criticize your teacher, for example – as long as you did it in a constructive way it was viewed positively. Here, I already had a bad experience doing that – the professor seemed not to know how to deal with the criticism. He seemed to fear to loose his authority. So now I’m much more careful with what I say.

3- What are the biggest difficulties that you found whilst studying here?
Well, of course it was the language. When I started studying last year my Portuguese was not so perfect. But the language was one of the reasons why I choose to stay here. So, at the beginning it was hard, but it was the best way to learn.

4- What is the best thing of living here?
Well, one of the advantages is of course the climate. Another thing is the mentality of the people. Of course there are also aspects I dislike, but in general the Portuguese are very communicative, open and interested in getting to know new people. Here people are very receptive and open minded and this helps a lot when you are a foreigner.

5- If your friends asked you about Portugal, what would you tell them? Is it a good or a bad choice?
When they ask me I tell them I like it. If you want you’ll find everywhere something to criticise. Of course, there are pros and cons - in every country are.

6- Have you visited other universities? How would you describe Faculdade de Ciências sociais Humanas?
I never went to other Universities (at least not as a student).
How’d I describe FCSH… well, it’s very small! It’s almost the size of my school, so at the beginning I was a bit disappointed. But as this also has advantages, it’s ok. I can’t compare it, but I think it’s…yeah… It´s ok.

Thank’s a lot for your time and collaboration.
posted by Anabela @ 7:36 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home